Skip to content
Carmelized Onion & Date Pizza with Pear Sage Drizzle
- 4 – 8" flatbread shells or pizza crust
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted and sliced into 1/4” strips
- 8 slices crispy bacon, rough cut
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 1/2 tablespoon avocado or extra virgin olive
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups feta, crumbled
- 1 heaping cup of baby arugula
- Do Well Brands Pear Sage Mixing Syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Place the flatbread pizza shells on a baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the butter and 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- When the butter begins to bubble slightly, add in the onions and gently mix around to coat.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring often until the onions become soft and start to lightly brown. Keep an eye on the heat so they don’t burn.
- Add in the date slices and give a stir to coat the dates. If it’s dry add in a teaspoon of oil and mix.
- Cook for ~3-5 minutes or until the dates become soft and the onions have started to caramelize. It should be tacky but no liquid.
- Evenly divide the onion date mixture and spread on top of each pizza leaving a 1/2” edge all the way around.
- Add the bacon and feta on top.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and plate.
- Garnish with arugula and then drizzle with Pear Sage Mixing Syrup
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.